If you are looking for a slick solution to mount your Cisco wireless access point (AP) on your drop ceiling you should look at the AIR-AP-BRACKET-3 bracket. This bracket is easy to use and the AP looks great in the ceiling.
There are 5 steps to this installation.
1. Remove and cut the ceiling tile. Use the outside of the AP to size your hole.
2. Attach the ring around the AP. There is a groove in the AP for the ring to snap into place. The pictured AP is a 3702.
3. Place the AP on a flat surface face down, then place the ceiling tile (With the hole cut out) over the AP with the nice surface facing down.
4. Lay the long piece over the AP, then slide the outer bracket onto the AP. The bracket should slide into place. Then install and tighten the screw in the center of the bracket. This squeezes the AP into place on the tile. The long piece has small pieces that look like they can be pushed into the tile to prevent it from moving. I didn’t find a need for this because the one screw holding that piece into the AP held everything into place.
5. Hang up your tile and connect the AP to the network.
I hope this helps you keep your office area beautiful.
How has your experiences been with the AIR-AP-BRACKET-3?