Custom Search

To advertise on this site email advertise@goatnetworking.com

Heat maps show wrong TX Level on Prime Infrastructure 1.2

Site Admin

Heat maps show wrong TX Level on Prime Infrastructure 1.2

Postby admin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:36 pm

I have found that my Heat maps in Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 display the wrong TX Power Levels. This was true for both A and B/G.

The fix this Cisco suggested disabling "Use Dynamic Heatmaps" under map properties (Monitor --> Maps --> Select "properties" from the drop down in the upper right --> Click "GO)

I found that this did not fix my issue. TAC suggested that I wait until Prime Infrastructure 1.2.1 comes out.

Has anybody else run into this? Were you able to find a fix?

Site Admin

Re: Heat maps show wrong TX Level on Prime Infrastructure 1.

Postby admin » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:27 pm

I upgraded to Prime Infrastructure 1.2.1.012 and had the same problem. This time, the work around did help.

Site Admin

Re: Heat maps show wrong TX Level on Prime Infrastructure 1.

Postby admin » Wed May 15, 2013 10:41 am

In 1.3 I found that the heat map had the correct TX Power level, but when going into the configureation of the access point, that didn't have the correct TX power level.

I found that when I configure the TX power from the controller, Prime didn't go pull that config and update it's database. Even after the daily controller back up's it didn't update it's database.

Bug CSCug41253 was filed for this behavior. No estimated time to get it fixed. The work around is to make all of your changes from Prime, or do a manual config back up.

Return to Wireless

Twitter Facebook